FAQs - DMV - State of California

Auto Registration | Smog Testing

Smogs N Tags, can handle all of your DMV Services needs. Whether you need to Renew your expired Auto Registration, Transfer Ownership, Request Duplicate Title and More, we are here to assist You through your DMV transactions.

smog FAQTransfer Ownership on a Vehicle Purchase

Did you just buy a car and need to transfer ownership?

We can transfer ownership in a matter of minutes. Transfer of Ownership usually requires a Smog Certificate to complete the transfer.  There are few exceptions.

Lost California Vehicle Title

Misplaced or Lost Title, we can provide a new one. It takes a matter of minutes to request Duplicate Title. In certain circumstances you must have the lien holders signature notarized or obtain a lien release before duplicate title can be issued.

Lost Vehicle Registration or License Plate Sticker

Lose your Vehicle Registration? Call Smogs N Tags, we are here 7 days a week to assist you in renewing your Vehicle Registration. We want to get you back on the road safely and legally. 

VIN Verification

Need a VIN verification for a vehicle?

We are authorized and licensed to perform this service for you. You can bring your vehicle to our office or we can come to you.

I’ve purchased a vehicle. How do I transfer it into my name?

Transfer of Ownership transactions can be processed in our office. We can issue your Registration Card, Stickers and Plates (Inventory On-Site) in less than 15 minutes. Simply call or walk-in to our office.

I have Not Received or I’ve Lost my Renewal Notice.

A DMV Renewal Notice is not required to renew your registration with us. All you need is your License Plate Number, Make and Vehicle Identification Number (VIN).

I’ve Lost my Registration Card. How can I get a Replacement?

We can issue your Replacement Card in less than 15 minutes. Just visit our office located in Santee, CA and sign a form requesting Replacement.

My license Plate Sticker is Missing. How can I get a Replacement?

We can provide Replacement Sticker(s) in less than 15 minutes.

I’ve lost my Original Title. How can I get a Replacement Title?

Visit our office conveniently located in Santee, CA and fill out Duplicate Title Form and the DMV will mail Duplicate Title. Duplicate Title will be mailed direct from the DMV within 2-3 weeks

Call Now